Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Recap 2 months

It's been two months and one day since the hubby left.
 
Today was my birthday, but great friends made it a good day.
 
The only thing that could have made it better would be to have my hubby home.
 
I got to thinking about how fast these past two months have gone by.
 
I have made it through Mother's Day, Memorial Day, My daughter's birthday, our anniversary and now my birthday.
 
In less than a week I will finally be able to hold my husband in my arms again.
 
As great as that is it will be bitter sweet because he will only be home for six days :(
 
I knew this deployment would be hard but I must admit that it has made me realize I am a much stronger person than I ever thought I was.
 
I have learned that no matter how bad of a day I am having then next day is a fresh start.
 
Time goes fast and we need to remember to take it all in and make good memories even during the hard times.
 
Next week while my hubby is home I plan on laughing until I cry, crying until I laugh, staying up late and getting up early.
 
And of course taking way to many pictures.
 
Wasted time is time we can never get back so go out tomorrow and remember to live life to the fullest and be grateful for all the people in your life.
 
 

3 comments:

Becky said...

Happy Late Birthday Amanda! Kristen could have told me. It was great meeting you in person. Enjoy your time with the hubs next week.
~Becky

Megan Marie said...

You are amazingly strong! I think ANY wife who can go months without her husband is amazing... :) Enjoy those six beautiful *short as the are* days... YOU DESERVE IT!!! :D by the way... Im NEW to your blog... I love it and hope to join in on the thursday blog hop!!!

Brigita T Alvarado Photography said...

pictures are memories that last forever so take as many as you can.