Wednesday, April 13, 2011

update on things in predeployment land!!!

As you all know my hubby will be leaving in a few weeks.Originally we were told he would get to come back for two weeks in July. But once again the military has to go the cheap route and change that on us. He is able to take leave in July but if he want to come home to MA from all the was in CA he will have to pay for his own ticket. Not to mention it will be a last minute thing so I doubt it will be in our budget to pay for it. It usually takes months to save for trips.
Speaking of trips we are going away away next week until the end of the month. If you don't hear from me don't worry I will just be crazy busy. We are driving from MA to NY then NY to OH to see my step kids. Then back to NY to spend Easter with my dad and pick up my grandma. The from NY to NC to see my sister and her family. Back to NY to drop my grandma off. And finally back to to MA. I have been preparing myself for weeks. Not only do we have to plan hotels, food and our route. But when you add in the kids and my grandma it could get interesting!
Then it will back to real life for us. Our family needs this trip to get our minds off this deployment. We are trying to enjoy every day we have together. With that said it still feels like this black cloud we call deployment is hanging over our heads. Event he poor kids feel it. Our daughter hasn't been sleeping well. And my anxiety and OCD are at an all time high.
And i almost forgot we are having an early birthday party for our daughter tomorrow. Her birthday isn't actually until May 22nd but I felt like my hubby needed to be here for her party. Me being the crazy person I am decided on Monday afternoon that we chould have a party on Thursday. Since then I have been running around like a crazy person trying to get things ready.
I hope you are all having a great week. Don't forget to enter my $20 gift card giveaway it end in two days.

No comments: