Saturday, February 5, 2011

Military discounts a fact or a myth

  

   So we went to Ruby Tuesday for dinner last night and let me tell you all about my experience. We asked our server if they offered a military discount. And go figure the guy was real fast jump at the answer of NO. I have been to a Ruby Tuesday else where and they offered one. I also had an odd experience at an Arby's. At our last duty station we went to the same Arby's on a regular basis and every time we were there the manager gave a different percent. This seems odd to me since all Arby's are supposed to do a discount and I would assume it would all be the same. So I am going to do some research and get a solid list of places that offer a discount. My thinking is that if I get this info from their corporate offices then we (the military family) will be informed and can say so. I feel as though we deserve to get that discount. We aren't asking for free just a little break. Especially people like me who are station where our exchange is smaller than my house and has none of the things I need. Just wanted to get that out there. Also if anyone knows of any online cloth diapers stores that offer a discount please let me know. As a military family we are always looking to save money and it would be great to get together a list of places that us mom/wives could really use! Thank you all

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The women's clothing store, New York and Company offers 15% off when you show your military ID and that's at all stores! Just thought I'd share that! :)

Lindsey said...

Also, at every single store that I have been to in the mall, I have gotten some sort of discount. :]

My Fitness World said...

I'm following you back from the Monday blog hop.

Jeanna said...

I found a list online of places that are supposed to offer and 2 of the places (kohls & chik fil a) have both told me no! Weird!